FumeFX™ 5.0.4 for 3ds Max® release
Posted on July 22, 2019
July 22, 2019 - Sitni Sati releases FumeFX™ 5.0.4 update for Autodesk® 3ds Max®. In addition to bug fixes, this update includes GPU Viewport support for 3ds Max 2020.1 detachable viewports that allows artists to use detached view as they were using the old FumeFX preview window. FumeFX 5.0.4 adds more controls and updated preview for Turbulence Noise as well as new Affect Velocity Magnitude Mode. Another great addition is the Parameter Check dialog that allows users to quicky determine which simulation parameters were changed from their default values.
- Added compatibility with 3ds max 2020.1 undockable viewport. You can now use it in the same fashion as the old FumeFX Preview Window.
- Fixed when GPU viewport is in maximized ortho/persp/cam view and then changed to another persp/cam view it will stop displaying.
- Fixed FumeFX Wind display bug with Spherical type and Linear falloff.
- Fixed VRay lights that didn't work inside the GPU Viewport.
- Added Turbulence Noise rasterized view.
- Changed Turbulence noise parameter Offset renamed to Time Offset.
- Changed Simulation rollout layout.
- Changed FumeFX Wind Scale parameter is now in world units, like it is for the Turbulence Noise inside the FumeFX dialog.
- Added FumeFX Wind to the list of objects to create from obj/sources dialog.
- Added Parameter Check option to the FumeFX menu.
- Fixed tyFlow particle velocities that were too large.
- Added Affect Velocity Magnitude Mode to Turbulence Noise.
- Added Small Detail Scale parameter to Turbulence Noise.
- Added Small Detail Amount parameter to Turbulence Noise.
- Added Small Detail Scale parameter to FumeFX Wind.
- Added Small Detail Amount parameter to FumeFX Wind.
- Added noise preview to FumeFX Wind.
FumeFX 5.0.4 Velocity Magnitude Mode
- FumeFX 5.0.4 is built with Arnold® 220.127.116.11.
- Fixed not working Falloff with Arnold® render.
- Fixed FumeFX for 3ds max 2020 that didn't show FumeFX and FusionWorks Render Elements.