FumeFX™ 6.0.2 for 3ds max® release
Posted on May 18, 2023
May 18, 2023 - Sitni Sati releases FumeFX 6.0.2 for 3ds max®. One of the most important additions for this update is the Explosion Gen particle source node that greatly simplifies creation of procedural explosions with FumeFX. Realistic simulations require attractive and modern looking shading. In this update we have aded Explosion Preprocess options to the FumeFX rendering dialog that enable advanced shading of cinematic explosions.
More information is available here
FumeFX™ 6.0.1 for 3ds max® release
Posted on April 12, 2023
April 12, 2023 - Sitni Sati releases FumeFX 6.0.1 for 3ds max®. This update adds new features including 3ds max 2024 support, FumeFX boundless adaptive grid improvements, Gen Surface node particle creation based on texture color, geometry slope and more.
Read more here
FumeFX™ 6.0 for 3ds max® release
Posted on March 15, 2023
March 15, 2023 - Sitni Sati releases FumeFX 6, the latest update of their popular fluid-dynamics plug-in for 3ds Max®.
Development of FumeFX 6 was an immensive task as Sitni Sati expanded FumeFX capabilities with NodeWorks, a node-based multiphysics solution that includes particles, rope, rigid body dynamics, cloth, soft body dynamics, inflatable softbody,
voronoi fracture, flock simulation, character animation control, voxel grid manipulation, node based access to FumeFX simulation and sources and many other tools.
NodeWorks provides direct support for Arnold points, splines, instances, custom channels and procedurals which significantly boost productivity and flexibility. In addition to the NodeWorks, Sitni Sati have developed a new vorticity model - Pyro Vorticty that adds fine detail to fire and smoke channels with minimal flow disruption. Also, users can now add pressure to the simulation directly from sources and have more control over the adaptive grid boundaries.
FumeFX fluid dynamics along with NodeWorks™ provide artists with valuable tool that can create a completely new range of visual effects directly inside 3ds max more efficiently and cost-effective than ever before.
Read more about features here
Free VFX Tutorials
Posted on November 24, 2022
Our YouTube channel has grown and includes nine new tutorials that were created in past three months.
Those new tutorials for FumeFX 6 and NodeWorks for 3ds max learn artists how to create soft body simulation including PhysX collisions, mesh objects with splines, create collective behavior and procedural fish school animation, setup massive flamethrower and more.
Free video tutorials will be added on a regular basis.
FumeFX™ 5.1.1 for 3ds Max® release
Posted on January 12, 2022
Sitni Sati releases FumeFX™ 5.1.1 update for 3ds Max®. With this update FumeFX adds support for the latest Arnold renderer 22.214.171.124 as well as bug fixes and improvements.
- Fixed Thinking Particles 6.10 crashes FFX 5.1 max 2020 and newer.
- Added support for Thinking Particles 7.
- Added support for Arnold render 126.96.36.199.
- Fixed Sharpening of fire and temp channels for the FumeFX Arnold/Redshift shader was not working.
- Fixed [<<] arrow on fxd channel export was broken. Only doubleclick worked.
FumeFX™ 5.1 for 3ds Max® release
Posted on March 26, 2021
Sitni Sati releases FumeFX™ 5.1 update for 3ds Max®. With this update FumeFX adds support for the latest Arnold renderer 188.8.131.52, 3ds Max 2022 as well as bug fixes and improvements.
- Added feature. Object Source is renamed to Geometry Source and it can emit from tyFlow and Particle Flow particle shape geometry.
- Fixed crash during the NSim simulation if grid spacing was very large.
- Added support for Arnold render 184.108.40.206.
- Fixed tyPreview causing crash with GPU viewport enabled.
- FumeFX .systemscale less than one results in wrong GPU viewport display.
- Added support for 3ds max 2022.
FumeFX™ 5.0.7 for 3ds Max® release
Posted on August 12, 2020
Sitni Sati releases FumeFX™ 5.0.7 update for 3ds Max®. With this update FumeFX adds support for the latest Arnold renderer 220.127.116.11 as well as bug fixes and improvements.
- Added support for 3rd party .vdb files for Initial State simulation.
- Fixed Particle Source that didn't work with the color channel controller.
- Fixed particle system picking that could crash Particle Source with tyFlow float as vector controller.
- Fixed FumeFX-TP birth operators that caused crash with TP 6.7+ and 3ds max 2019.
- Added FumeFX Tex3D colors extraction without shading applied.
- Added support for Arnold render 18.104.22.168.
- Fixed FumeFX-Redshift shader and cache sharpening.
- Fixed .vdb crashes if velocities were present in input caches.
- Fixed issue where 3rd party .vdb cache velocities were not properly loaded.
- Fixed Initial state didn't work if Color was present inside the .fdc cache.
- Fixed error when using .fxd as initial state could throw the file version mismatch message.
- Added Initial State filename display in the FumeFX menu.
- Fixed installer for 3ds max 2021 that didn't properly install FumeFX Arnold shader.
ScatterVL Pro freeware
Posted on May 20, 2020
Sitni Sati releases ScatterVL Pro™ plug-in for Autodesk® 3ds max® as a freeware.
After 20 years since the first release, we have finally decided to proceed with the ScatterVL Pro plug-in for 3ds max as a freeware. During its long service time it has been used to visualize stage lighting for countless bands, musicians and DJs and now 3ds max artists will be able to continue to use ScatterVL Pro without any limitation and absoluetely free of charge. It's our small contribution to the 3ds max community.
FumeFX™ 5.0.2 for Cinema 4D® release
Posted on March 27, 2020
Sitni Sati releases FumeFX™ 5.0.2 update for Maxon® Cinema 4D®. This update contains several bug fixes and new features listed below.
- Added Support for Redshift® 3.0.17 and newer.
- Added Support for X-Particles®.
- Added C4D Take system support.
- Added Object Source Voronoi Fractures support.
- Fixed Alignment of multiple FumeFX grids during N-Sim.
- Fixed Sync of FumeFX Boundless parameter during N-Sim.
- Fixed Arnold channel sharpener.
- Fixed FumeFX Effector changing FumeFX color channel.
- Fixed FumeFX Effector not working during the first frame of simulation.
- Fixed Start/Continue menu button when no FumeFX grid is selected (empty popup window).
- Fixed Object Source UVW texture coordinates (for channel mapping).
- Fixed Object Source does not take multiple cached objects.
- Fixed Rendering FumeFX and object with reflective material in some situation does not work.
FumeFX™ 5.0.6 for 3ds Max® release
Posted on March 18, 2020
Sitni Sati releases FumeFX™ 5.0.6 update for 3ds Max®. With this update FumeFX adds support for the Redshift® renderer (3.0.17 and up) as well as the latest Arnold 22.214.171.124
FumeFX™ Import for Houdini
Posted on February 2, 2020
Alessandro Nardini releases FumeFX™ Import 2.0 for Houdini.
This tool allows artists to handle FumeFX VDB caches easily. It supports caches with sub-frames as well as N-Sim.
FumeFX™ 5.0.1 for Cinema 4D® release
Posted on January 30, 2020
Sitni Sati releases FumeFX™ 5.0.1 update for Maxon® Cinema 4D®. This update contains several bug fixes and new features listed below.
- Added relative paths for caches.
- Added N-Sim support.
- Added Parameter Check option to the menu.
- Added support for Arnold 6.0.
- Fixed bug where Cinema 4D can freeze on the FumeFX scene open.
- Fixed reflections bug with Standard and Physical renderers.
- Fixed shadows and reflections with Standard and Physical renderers were calculated wrong around the FumeFX bounding box.
FumeFX™ 5.0 for Cinema 4D® release
Posted on December 17, 2019
Sitni Sati releases FumeFX™ 5.0 for Maxon® Cinema 4D®. This highly anticipated release brings a reliable and production proven tool to Cinema 4D...
FumeFX™ 5.0.5 for 3ds Max® release
Posted on December 3, 2019
Sitni Sati releases FumeFX™ 5.0.5 update for Autodesk® 3ds Max®. This update includes Arnold 126.96.36.199 support and bug fixes...
FumeFX™ 5.0.4 for Maya® release
Posted on July 29, 2019
Sitni Sati releases FumeFX™ 5.0.4 update for Autodesk® Maya®. This update includes Maya 2019 support, FumeFX 4 solver option, FumeFX Wind force...
FumeFX™ 5.0.4 for 3ds Max® release
Posted on July 22, 2019
Sitni Sati releases FumeFX™ 5.0.4 update for Autodesk® 3ds Max®. This update includes 3ds max 2020.1 detachable GPU Viewport support, better Turbulence control, FumeFX Wind improvements, tyFlow support...
Interview - Luma Pictures Spider-man: Far From Home
Posted on July 18, 2019
Art of VFX interview with Luma Pictures on their work on the Spider-man: Far From Home movie. There were over 330 VFX shots done by Luma Pictures and some of them are created by using the FumeFX™ for Maya® in combination with SideFX Houdini®.
FumeFX™ 5.0.3 for 3ds Max® release
Posted on May 06, 2019
Sitni Sati releases FumeFX™ 5.0.3 update for Autodesk® 3ds Max®. This update includes FumeFX 4 Solver option, tyFlow support, GPU Viewport Multiview, 3ds Max 2020 support...
FumeFX™ 5.0 for Maya® release
Posted on October 23, 2018
Sitni Sati releases FumeFX 5.0, a new version of their fluid dynamics software for Autodesk® Maya®. Since the first release of FumeFX in 2006, it has become an integral part of many studio production...
FumeFX™ 5.0.2 for 3ds Max® release
Posted on October 03, 2018
Sitni Sati releases FumeFX™ 5.0.2 update for Autodesk® 3ds Max®. This update includes bug fixes, Arnold® 5.2 and VRay® 4 support...
FumeFX™ 5.0.1 for 3ds Max release
Posted on July 2, 2018
Sitni Sati releases FumeFX 5.0.1 update for Autodesk® 3ds Max®. This update builds on top of the FumeFX 5.0 simulation refinements and speed improvements to deliver even faster simulation times. Another important update is direct Arnold renderer support...
FumeFX™ 5.0 for 3ds Max® release
Posted on March 19, 2018
Sitni Sati releases FumeFX 5.0, a new version of their high-end fluid dynamics software for Autodesk® 3ds Max®. During the past 12 years FumeFX has been used on a broad range of vfx shots, including productions such...
Interview with Hristo Velev
Posted on December 19, 2017
Hristo Velev from Bottleship VFX made his name creating destruction and particle dynamics on spectacles like 2012, Sucker Punch, Iron Man 3 among others. Very active in the animation community, authored several training packages. One of the founders of Bottleship in 2013, positioned as FX lead and general co-manager....
Posted on December 13, 2017
Dive into an intense training session over 7 videos 10+ hours of free high-end content on creating realistic production ready Visual Effects Shots. Shots include FumeFX elements and all 3D assets necessary to go through the training. Offer is valid until 12/Jan/2018.
FumeFX™ 4.1.1 shaders for Maya® 2018 release
Posted on November 15, 2017
FumeFX 4.1.1 shaders for mental ray and VRay are now available for Autodesk® Maya 2018.
FumeFX™ 4.1.1 update
Posted on October 26, 2017
FumeFX 4.1.1 update is now available for 3ds max® and Maya®. This update includes new AfterFLICS 4.1.1 , support for OSX Maya 2018 and various bug fixes.
Posted on October 24, 2017
Anselm von Seherr-Thoss has been a 3D VFX artist for many years and he's been award winning Visual Effects Technical Director and VES (Visual Effects Society) member with emphasis on particle based effects as well as Fluid Simulations, Shading and Post Production. He worked on movies like James Cameron's Avatar, Transformers 4, Star Trek - Into Darkness, Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey, The Expendables 3, Northmen - A Viking Saga, G.I. Joe-Rise of Cobra, The A-Team, Ridley Scott's "Robin Hood", Priest, SuckerPunch(Previz)...
New web site
Posted on October 01, 2017
Sitni Sati has launched a new web site. Check out new product pages for FumeFX for 3ds max, FumeFX for Maya, AfterBurn and DreamScape as well as our new Gallery.